The ThermaCat-e is specifically designed to provide cost-effective diesel particulate (PM) reduction for in-use diesel engines operating in medium/light duty on-road applications. ThermaCat-e incorporates a number of unique features including:
- CARB verification to Level 3+ (>85%) for PM
- Diesel exothermic (flameless) technology that takes place real-time
- Requires no driver interaction or downtime while regeneration occurs
- Various sizes and configurations allow for broad engine coverage from 4 to 13 liters
- Model years 1996 – 2009 / 150 – 400 HP
- Greater than 95% PM Reduction
- Greater than 90% HC and CO Reduction
- CHP compliant for use on school buses
- Applicable to engines with EGR (exhaust gas recirculation)
- Eligible for CARB approved “swapping” allowance
- Serviceable DPF module is compatible with most commercially available cleaning machines
ESW Group uses only the highest quality materials, including all stainless steel construction, and a robust silicon carbide diesel particulate filter. This advanced, mature silicon carbide diesel particulate filter provides lower exhaust backpressure than a traditional wall-flow filter.
For ease of installation, numerous inlet/outlet end cone configurations are available along with proprietary mounting kits allowing for safe, quick and easy installation.
The modular design of the ThermaCat-e facilitates service and de-ashing of the diesel particulate filter. The reusable graphite seal and band clamp design enables quick turnaround for maximum uptime.
The ThermaCat-e balances the mandate for cleaner air with the demanding requirements of real-world on-road diesel applications, and the desire to maximize the economic life cycle of your equipment, with minimal downtime, while avoiding costly replacement.
CARB Executive Order
Find out if the ESW ThermaCat-e is right for your equipment!